Tuesday, April 26, 2005

News

This market is not holding on to anything these days! LB finished the day on the plus side (up 1.84%, up 31.7% since I've bought it), but everything else finished in the red.
I'm watching two stocks that have earnings reports coming up: JSDA and ERES. I think ERES will have a volatile earnings report (I would guess on the downside) and I was thinking of buying a straddle. This is when you buy a call and a put with the same terms (expiration, strike price) in hopes of a big move in either direction. I was also thinking of buying a put, but I'll most likely do neither since I need more options experience.

Jobs
I'll detail the meeting with the recruiter on Thursday or Friday, and my current status with my job. I also got another call from a different recruiter regarding a portfolio accounting job with an investment bank in San Francisco. We'll see how this goes.

CFA
I've decided that I'm going to take the Level 1 test in December! The total costs are going to run about $1,700- but it will definitely be worth the price. The fees are about $800 or so and the rest is for books.
It will tough test, but I think through hard work and dedication I can do it.

Tokyo
This is probably out of the blue since I haven't mentioned it, but it's set. I graduate in May and from May 30 to June 6 I'll be in Tokyo with a friend. I'm going to use some of my own money and most of any in-coming graduation money. I'm going because I think it will be a lot of fun and life's worth living to have experiences. I could be a penny pincher my entire life, but I know I will only live once- and I plan to have as many experiences as possible.

No comments: