Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I can't think of a title right now

The markets were a bit iffy today, nothing really major. I'm reading tons of conflicting opinions about the market: some say an uptrend will start soon, others say a slow downtrend for the rest of the year, what do you think? Feel free to post a comment.
I've read some statistics that show Aprils are usually pretty good months when March is a bad month, so far that's not working out. If I had to guess, it will depend on the coming weeks. Many companies will start to report earnings and this should push the market in a direction (hopefully up!).

I'll post an updated Net Worth and the end of the week or the beginning of next week. Based on some rough calculations I think I should hit the $25k mark by the end of May. The one thing that may stop this is that I'm quitting my current internship at the end of April. So I'll have some time where money will be flowing out, but not flowing in (assuming my stocks stay constant). The reason I'm not quitting in May is because I want to spend more time with friends, I need to study more for my future job, oh yeah I need to find that future job, and I'll throw in a stupid one- I want to sleep in a little.


Other things: I plan to spend most of my free time on Wednesday (which is only a few hours) to search for jobs. The two main sites I plan to use are CareerBuilder and Monster, if you know of any others please comment.
I'll get more into that later.


Everyday I check certain blogs, but I haven't added them to my list until today. I suggest you check some of them out.

1 comment:

mh497 said...

Flipdog.com and Hotjobs.com