Saturday, December 16, 2006

130/30 on My Mind

This one will be short. I know its not Friday anymore (barely) on the east coast. However, this server is in California! Ha! :)

So it looks like there's been more positive movement in what. I am very happy and thankful to God for this. Take a look at this chart. See this one too. Its hard to believe I originally got into wheat in the 420 - 430 area then sold off once I had a profit. Had I let that winner run.... Let this be a lesson in not culling your winners too quickly. Let them run and use trailing stops as much as possible. Oh well. You live and you learn.

Just catching up on some reading. There will be more tomorrow night. I'll have to wait until then for the latest issue of Barron's.

Something over at Institutional Investor did catch my eye though. The 130/30 fund. I need to look into this a bit more. Its an interesting concept, but I can't work the mechanics in my head as yet. Is anyone out there reading this familiar with or knowledgeable about these? How much leverage does it take to setup a fund like this? 1.5 - 2 times? A 30% short position coupled to a 130% long. Very intriguing. I see I'm going to have to look at the cost of subscriptions to II and Alpha Magazine. I love learning new stuff, and its even better when it deals with a subject so close to my own heart!

Anyway, time to get out of this lab and get some sleep. I was up until 6:30 AM this morning hacking away on my systems. I've now got my SPARCstation 20 and Ultra 2 running, and I'll probably install NetBSD on the SS20 tonight. I do also plan to get caught up on sleep, as the coming week will be quite long.

Until next time...may the Alpha be with you!

No comments: