Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One more thing about Tokyo

The one thing that struck me about Tokyo was how it seems that everyone has at least a cell phone or mp3 player, and many have both. While checking out the stores for certain electronics, my friend and I would always check out the new phones.

I was always interested in the makers of the phones, and the big company seems to be NTT DoCoMo. Some of the big phone companies here also have phones in Japan, but DoCoMo seemed to be the most popular one with the most versions. Their website is in Japanese, but you can sort of navigate around to check out some of the phones.

I wanted to ask how often they change their phones, but it would be too difficult with the language barrier. It seems like someone was always buying a new phone though. NTT does trade over here under the symbol DCM. I need to re-organize my symbol lists, but I think I will add DCM to it just to check it out. It's been trending down over the past two years from the 25 range to the 15 range.
Their sales have been sluggish lately, it's on the low-end of the P/S history, and it has a 1.24% yield.

Other news: I'm still trying to catch up on everything and today wasn't normal (I didn't get up till 2pm, so I'm still a little out of it). Hopefully tomorrow I get some things done.

No comments: