Sunday, September 16, 2007

Forward Motion

Whew!

Yeah, last week was rough. Still carrying over. However, it was also the most productive week I've had a loooong time, and for that I'm glad.

I finally handled some pressing issues, namely the LLC registration for the company. We had already formed as an S corp through BizFilings.com which was all good and fine. The problem was that the decision of an S corp was a bit hasty when we made it. After some consultation with a good corporate lawyer (who happens to be blood), we decided to dissolve the S corp and reincarnate as an LLC. I think this will offer a lot more flexibility with a lot less hassle. I've had to bury (or am in the process of burying) a few older companies and for a small operation, its just not worth it to go with a corporation.

I also handled the EIN for the company and DBA registration. All in all, it was a productive week. Now its just a matter of carrying all the momentum forward into the coming week. After I sleep, which I haven't done in far too long.

Until next time...

No comments: