Monday, September 17, 2007

All Tied Up

Man, what do you do when most of your money is locked in retirement accounts.

That's what I'm facing now. I have 2 401(k) accounts that I can't do much re-balancing in, at least not as extensively as I would like. I just sold one quarter of my T. Rowe Price Emerging Markets Stock (PRMSX) fund in my regular brokerage account. But still, this is an annoyance. The only reason I left the funds in one of the 401(k)s is because the selections were pretty decent and a call to their support center a few months ago indicated that the 2 accounts were going to be merged. So much for that.

I guess its time to open that self-directed IRA and roll over the older 401(k). I'm on a deadline, and I want to take a large portion of my accounts to cash soon.

Such an annoyance.

No comments: