Saturday, April 02, 2005

Back from Mexico

I came back from the cruise today, although I'm definitely not used to being on land!
The cruise was really fun and everyone had a great time.
Catalina was very cool and Mexico was pretty neat as well. The weather was awesome and food was everywhere!
I'm still trying to get caught up on all the news since I really don't know what has been going on the past week or so.


The one thing I'm worrying about is graduating. It's already April and I graduate at the end of May. I'm behind where I want to be, but I think I'm ahead of the average finance student.
I've read a good amount of books outside the classroom on topics I'm interested in (stocks and options), but I need to get this information into my head.
I'm definitely behind schedule in this department. I wanted to have a good amount of information by the beginning of semester, and now the semester is almost over!

Here's basically my plan for the next few months:
April: besides retaining the info I read, this is when I'm going to start looking for a job.
May: graduate and hopefully have a job ready by the end of the month.
June: during the first week, travel a bit in Europe

The most important part is probably finding a job. The type of job I want will involve either options or stock research/trading.
Now I know most of the big firms have already completed their recruiting (they finished late last semester), but I want to work for a small to mid size firm.
I have a cousin in the finance industry and he is trying to help me find a job through his contacts.
I need to send my resume to recruiters and start applying for online jobs.
I'm going to target certain cities: San Francisco, L.A., Chicago, Boston, NYC, and London (low on my list, but it would be cool).
I will use this blog to also detail my job hunting activities.

No comments: