Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wheat & Random Noise

*sigh*

I really shouldn't be awake right now. But while I work on this project, I have been thinking about wheat. Mainly about how I didn't hold on to it. Wheat seriously popped while I was in Cali and I figured I'd take my profits and get back in later.

Fuggin' stupid.

Lesson learned: let your winners run.

Oh well, guess missing out on big returns is the best way to learn this lesson. I can't imagine how much I would have made had I stayed long on the wheat. Even if I got in late (as in early last week).

On the asset allocation side, things look good. I'm weighing whether to roll over my old 401(k) into a self-directed Roth IRA. But the potential trading fees and commissions would hurt my regular rebalancing. And after the horror story a friend of mine told me the other week, I am loathe to roll it into my current 401(k). If I wanted to own so much damn company stock, I'd buy it on the open market like everyone else. That old 401(k) was soooo great.

*sniffle*

But I did have to go through a good exercise, figuring out (again) all my assets so I could complete this loan application. That's the price of investing in real estate, right. Slow progress is being made, but I'm still looking for a way to ramp up even faster. And hopefully my deal to sell some old speakers and amps from my DJ enterprise of a few years back will put cash in my pocket shortly.

Alpha any way you can get it, right?

Later.

No comments: