Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mobile Motion

I haven't spoken on the software business in what seems like forever. I'll regale you all with a quick update.

My partner, talent that she is, is busy hacking away at our code base. We've got running code on several mobile devices, but the damn Motorola's keep giving problems. Fuggin' Motorola! First they fuck up your call with a Playboy Playmate, then they fuck up your code ship dates. If it isn't one thing...

I've started the corporate restructuring process as well. We were originally incorporated but I decided to dissolve that and go with a good ol' LLC. It is just simpler that way. I'm waiting for the dissolution to run through so that I can file the LLC formation paperwork. Hopefully, by the end of this week, there will be some major progress on that front and we'll be official (or at least have the basics in place).

Otherwise, when not working at my Just Over Broke (J.O.B.), I've been putting in some time tweaking the business plan and the system architecture documents. Man, I can't stand this stuff. The hard part is getting all these great ideas down on paper where you can focus on them.

It really is beautiful how little it takes to start a software company these days. Hopefully, the back end payoff will be that much larger!

That's all for now. Until next time...

No comments: