Thursday, May 04, 2006

Jones Soda earnings

I'm actually drinking a Jones while typing this (watermelon flavor). Today was incredibly busy at work so I was unable to listen to the conference call. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll print out the transcript and read through it (so more comments may come in next weeks post).

It's funny how three different headlines can be talking about the same thing. If you look up on JSDA on Yahoo Finance the first three reports are titled: Jones Soda Announces Record 2006 1Q Financial Results, Jones Soda Profit Falls, and Jones Soda Breaks Even in Q1.

I didn't get a chance to read through anything, so these are just some preliminary thoughts. While I was hoping they would be a bit more profitable, I was happy with their 28% increase in revenue. The other positive figure was their increase in gross margins, which improved year over year from 32.5% to 35.6%.
Some of the headlines mentioned that the Valentines Day package was a success. I actually hope they put out that soda more often because it was really good.
On a side note: I wish I was able to find more flavors in my area. The Targets around me generally only carry around 3 different flavors.
I definitely want to read the conference call, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: