Thursday, March 23, 2006

What's up with ING?

Normally ING has one of the highest rates around (but not the highest). I decided to check the current rates at Bank Rate. I was surprised that ING was pretty far down on the list. Many on the list are regional banks and some require minimums, but the difference between ING's rate and some of the other ones is pretty big.

ING is currently at 3.8% while the number one on the list is 4.8% (although this might be a promotional rate). Still, many of the other ones are 4.5% or greater. I might spend some time searching to see if some of the other ones are just as easy to use as ING. It would be worth the switch over the long run if I can park my cash in a place that's getting almost one full percent more per year!

Please post a comment or send me an email if you use a different savings site and how do you like it.
Also, I received a few emails lately and I promise I'll get back to you shortly (and add links to your sites).

1 comment:

enjoyncwine said...

You probably already know by now but ING raised the interest rate to 4% for the orange savings accounts.

http://www.ingdirect.com/osa_work/