Monday, May 16, 2005

Where can I find a few extra hours?

I always need more time during the day to get things done. When I was working my day usually started around 5:45am and ended around midnight. The only difference now is that I'm sleeping in a bit, but I still try to remain busy throughout the day. Every few days I do some job searches off a few major sites (Craigslist, Monster, CareerBuilder, and a few smaller ones). I do want to spend more time researching stocks. I'm still looking into Jones Soda (thanks for answering my question stockdiva) and I'm liking what I see so far. I also want to look into Aeropostale (ARO), Infospace (INSP), and Etrade (ET). ARO has been selling off and I think there might be a possibility of a nice rebound. Last week it was in the high 25's, and today it went past 26. INSP announced a big buyback today, so I want to look into this one. I've wanted to look at ET for awhile because I think it's the best brokerage out there. Not just for the brokerage services, but the way they have built a fairly strong banking presence as well. The combination of a bank plus a discount brokerage interests me.

I've also started studying for the CFA. My first book is Quantitative Methods for Investment Analysis. Sounds rough, but it's not too bad. It's basically a good amount of statistics, but I've covered all the topics so far in previous classes.

In order to get better at investing, you need to examine your mistakes. I plan on covering this on my next post. If you want to share any of your mistakes either post it as a comment or email me.