O'neil has written some investment books and is the pioneer behind the CAN SLIM methodology.
CAN SLIM stands for:
- C = Current earnings; strong growth EPS and/or sales growth at the 25% range
- A = strong Annual earnings growth; earnings growth > 25% for the past 3 years; ROE > 17%; rising margins
- N = New products, services, leadership
- S = Supply and demand; volume indicators
- L = Leading stocks in Leading industry groups
- I = Institutional holdings
- M = Market direction should be positive
It's a powerful tool to use not only for the vast amount of info/data O'neil has collected over the years, but to see how so many people put faith into the system and move the selected stocks.