Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Quickie

Re-balanced the hell out of my 401(k) in the last 2 weeks. That would appear to be the best time to sell out of all the vested employer stock that the employer contribution took the form of. All of the excess is going into the money market option for the time being, so I will have some dry powder available after I finish re-allocating most of the cash.

:)

Also started building a small position in an energy ETN. Will start looking for a (roughly) equivalent ETF but so far, this is position is rocking! Up approximately 20% in 2 weeks. It's actually a bit more than that, but I haven't calculated the exact amount since I purchased at 2 different entry points. Funniest part is that I bought this with a time frame of 12 - 18 months, even though it is a bit aggressive as an investment. I never thought I'd see this kind of performance this quickly though!

No comments: