Monday, March 19, 2007

Stress

In the last week, about half of the eyelashes on my right eyelid have fallen out. The rate is increasing for the eyelashes on my left eyelid too.

All due to stress. Personal life stress mostly. Mind you, the situation is of my own creation and thus my own undoing, but its amazing how despondent one can become when they lose people they love. G. says I shouldn't just dive into working as a refuge from the pain, but my other friends don't want me to take on other self-destructive behavior such as heavy drinking either. What's a depressed person to do?

Until recently, the net worth was making some decent strides. Now, given the increase in market action to the downside, its not at all surprising that I haven't crossed 100K yet. Thankfully I'm able to save about 20 - 25% of my monthly net income into a high yield savings account. I also killed most of my credit card debt this past week, so that drag is gone. But damn if it isn't annoying to watch the balances stay stagnant. And I still owe G. $1000 for the laptop I bought from him. We'll see how things look after payday this week.

On the positive side, I've been able to pocket some consulting revenue recently. Not a lot, not even close, but I'm not one to argue with income. I'm not seeking to grow the consulting business; it only really generates spending money.

Nice to see we finally have some positive movement in the May wheat futures. Talk about getting shellacked! I'll keep watching this because there's only a few weeks until expiration on those contracts. I don't think I can get out of the trade anywhere close to whole as things stand.

Anyway, more updates to come. There have been some interesting developments on the RE front and hopefully I'll be able to put in some time working on the back end server infrastructure for the start up venture this week.

Until next time...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can't imagine the amount of stress you'd have to handle to have your eyelashes fall out. Take it easy man. Smell the roses.

Khyron said...

Believe me, you don't want to know!

Peace.