Monday, October 29, 2007

Net Worth Update

So I'm only up to USD $110,000 (rounding) once you factor in my now $11,000 of CC debt. Yeah, yeah, yeah, please spare the lectures on CC debt. Its been a long year. I won't be traveling anywhere -- not St. Thomas, not Trinidad, or anywhere else -- anytime soon. Nor will I be buying gifts of travel for anyone anytime soon either, as I did 3 times this year. To paraphrase myself, the CC debt has canceled Christmas. Oh well, I did it to myself and I'll have to dig myself out from under it. At least I can pay my rent with my card now, so I earn points for it. By the end of the week, I'll cover the November rent payment plus I'm adding about $2000 on top of it, maybe more. I should be down to less than $9000 on my card by this time next week. Progress IS being made.

I'm definitely not on track to meet the goal of 150K in net worth by year's end. I'll be higher than I was at the start of the year (win), but not at all close to where I want to be. While I could just pay off the entire balance by wiping out my online savings account, something tells me that's not a good idea. Since I'm in the same boat as Single Ma, getting 3 paychecks in November, I figure I'll get it down to at least $6000 by year end. I'm so glad to see myself write that since it will have fairly immediate impact on my credit scores. The last tri-merge I pulled had an Experian boot firmly up my ass, just when I was expecting all of my scores to be > 750. *sigh*

Anyway, just a bit of a follow up. I've been avoiding this post for a while, but fuck it, here it is. You can't say I didn't follow full disclosure.

Anyway, until next time...

No comments: