Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Not enough time in the day

Have I ever mentioned that consulting sucks? Or maybe to be more accurate, consulting for friends sucks. Don't get me wrong, I like my friends. Maybe I'm just too nice. I give a reasonably large discounts for my consulting time to my friends, because the ones I do work for aren't in a position to pay for too many hours of my time at my full $60 per hour rate. I don't think its unreasonable. But it would sure be nice if they would listen to my advice so they don't NEED me so damn much in the first place. We'd probably all be much happier.

Anyway, I was browsing around the Bloomberg site and found a video snippet of an interview with Peter Thiel. For those who weren't paying attention (or didn't care to pay attention) to PayPal, Thiel was the co-founder and CEO of the company. He now runs a hedge fund/think tank called Clarium Capital. Anyway, I think I can get with his investment thesis. You can find the video here. Let me what you think. They also have an article about his hedge fund returns of the last few years. How's that for alpha generation!

I just want to sleep dammit! The last few days are starting to take a physical toll, with my body literally breaking down. Why won't people just let me rest? So annoying.

Anyway, I'm off to do some more reading. Lots of Bill Gross to catch up on, and an economic report about the city in which I purchased that rental property. That one is getting long in the tooth, so I need to finish it quick. And I haven't read blogs for days. This could take a while.

Until next time (as he deposits his $500 consulting check)...

No comments: