Saturday, November 25, 2006

Status

This is just a quick status update.

Busy week. I came back from Atlanta on Tuesday. The drive was far longer than it had any right to be, but oh well.

This Millionaire Mind Intensive (MMI) was good. Although I preferred Harv's style and method, the trainer (ha!) for this MMI was good. Very relatable guy named David Wood. For those who aren't familiar with T. Harv Eker and his MMI, I would simply point you to his web site at www.peakpotentials.com as well as this post I made over on Single Ma's Fabulous Financials. (I couldn't actually find a permalink to my post, so I linked to the entire thread. Just scroll down to my comments.) While I would never consider the MMI to be an advanced course in financial management, it sets out some nice simple ways to reframe your thinking about and relationship with money. I found it helpful to focus my mind when I first took it in May. Of course, Peak Potentials is a business. I reckon that Harv has made as much, if not more, money training people to manage/invest their money than actually doing it. However, I would not say it is without value. As anyone familiar with the MMI will recall, its about taking and applying in your life the pieces that work for you and leaving the bits that don't. Eventually, I plan to take more of the courses Peak Potentials offers, but that will be at a much later time. Right now, I am focused on applying in my life what I have learned from the 2 MMIs I have attended this year.

On Wednesday, I had my first closing on an investment property! Woo hoo! Now its a matter of wrapping up some details. The process was fairly straightforward, but OMG my hand was killing me from all the signing. I need to get a stamp, because handwritten signatures are clearly not feasible over the long term if I'm going to do real estate in any volume (which I plan to do).

In the coming days, I plan to start setting up a new business. While I'm not at liberty to go into details right now, I expect that to change over time as I build it out. It looks very promising so far, so my main objective is bringing in the proper resources to make it as viable as I think it can be.

So I go now. I have to finish reading John Mauldin's latest e-mail. As well, I'm tired. Just saw Alex Bugnon live at Blues Alley in Georgetown. Good stuff, man! I have a new appreciation for his work, and I plan to keep up with him in the future.

Until next time...

No comments: