Friday, August 04, 2006

New on the Scene

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Khyron. While not a blogger until now, I have been reading and contributing to selected blogs for a little over 1 year. If you look around, you'll find some things I've contributed to some personal finance blogs. I tend to deal with the writers more directly than publicly. As for my background, I studied electrical engineering in college but ended up crafting my own computer engineering curriculum until I took time off to explore the world of work. I did manage to slip in some business classes while in college, as well. I've been following investing and finance since I was 13, and investing on various levels since my last year interning for NASA in the early 90s. I tend to be an asset allocator, but I do believe in risk capital, because sometimes you just need some alpha.

Having followed this blog on and off for about the last 8 months or so, I am honored that I have the opportunity to be on the other side of the table. Hopefully, we'll learn some new stuff, look at things in some new ways, and if there's a money making idea in there somewhere, all the better. Feel free to let me know what works and what doesn't. That doesn't mean I'll act on your suggestions, but I will listen within reason. But please don't "play de ass", as my Trinidadian friends would say. I may just call you on it.

No comments: