Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's been awhile

I haven't been on my laptop for awhile, that's my reason for my lack of posts.
I calculated my June end of month net worth and I was pretty disappointed. I thought this was going to be the month to pass the $50,000 mark but I had way too many expenses and I ended the month at $49,150. I fell way short of my monthly goal, but I think I'll be on track for this month. I also have a few more things to sell on eBay and I think this could bring in another $100.

In a few months I'll be able to invest in a 401(k), so I will post more about this once I get more information. The max I can do is $15,000 per year and I think I might be able to pull this off if I use some of my bonus money. Although my company doesn't match, I do get the benefit of reducing my taxable income. Actually this combined with my IRA, my taxable income might be really low (hey! another refund!).

I started trading a few weeks ago at work and it's going very well. I don't think about how much money I'm spending, I just concentrate on completing the trades. I still triple-check my trade order before I push any buttons though! I'll probably write a more detailed post about this later as well.

Also, I casually mentioned that my friends and I are starting a website. Well that's growing into two related websites and nothing is complete yet so I won't go into details. I think they will be fun sites and our goal is to generate enough ad revenue to cover apartment rent. It's going to take awhile because the site will mainly be for the San Francisco Bay Area, but we're going to give it a shot.
I wish I had more web/programming skills because I think it's easier to at least start new ventures. Right now I have ideas and I have to run it by some friends to see if it's do-able.

No comments: