Monday, September 19, 2005

Selling some stocks?

I've been watching FRX and NCC lately, and I'm not liking what I see. I still have some nice gains (up 6% in NCC and 20% in FRX), but I don't want to see my gains evaporate like what happened in LB. NCC is hitting below some of its moving averages and this might be the first one I sell. But the action in FRX is just ugly. Today it dropped about 3% and it's starting a downtrend. I want to see how the next few days (hopefully the markets in general can pull together a few nice days), and see how they react. I'll be looking not only at the price action, but as well as volume. If I do get rid of these two, then my stocks as a percentage of my total net worth will drop to 25%. I don't mind that figure too much as long as I can find a few more stocks. This will also mean that my portfolio will be small and made up of just a few stocks. The volatility of these stocks are fairly low, so I might be able to close out 2005 with double digit gains. This would just mean I'm satisfied with those gains, but I might want to take a risk to try to improve my gains in the last few months. Honestly though, the markets have been a bit shaky. I have a few option ideas in mind though...
When it comes down to it, I would be happy to end the year +double digits. It's been a fairly tough year and I'm not sure the last few months are going to be any better.

I'm going to try to look up some time management articles online (during my lunch break), but if anyone has any ideas please leave a comment!
Here is my current week schedule:
Wake up at 4am
Leave work at around 3pm
Get home at around 345pm unless I go to the gym then it's around 530pm
Eat dinner at 6pm
Get my bag and clothes ready for the next day at 830pm
Depending on how tired I am, go to bed at either 9, 930, or 10pm (then there are those really fun days when I'm so tired I go to sleep at 8pm, tonight might be one of those days).

Somehow in that time I need to: write this blog, study for the CFA, catch up on emails, and check out a few other blogs/websites.
Any suggestions?


Just a note: the CFA studying is going okay, I got down the two big economic sections and I'm moving on to another section. As of right now, I'm definitely not sure I can pass this December. I know I have time, but I still think I need a little more. I'll keep on updating

No comments: