Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Closing the month of August and a few articles

The devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina is unbelievable. I'm sure everyone has seen the news. The hurricane has caused not only drastic effects for the people there, but it will affect everyone as gas prices are rising fast and the stock market is jittery. Just one chart to look at: BMHC. I guess some people are finding a company that will benefit from the hurricane.

Two articles for today: MasterCard is going public. The other article is a bit longer but it deals with the Chinese economy. It's more of an economics article, but I thought it was interesting.

August is over with and I'm starting my month to month tracking of my net worth. I was previously just posting a net worth from time to time, but I'm going to do it on a monthly basis from now on. I need to get some sleep so I'll just a total.

August Net Worth: $27,519

Amount left towards end of 2005 goal: $4,481
I've completed 86% of my goal so far.


One side note: I finished my last reading assignment for the CFA test. Now I just have to finish typing up notes for the last few sections and then start studying more in depth and completing the problems. About 3 more months to go.