Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A nice 4th of July

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I had a great time in Livermore (small "city" in CA) and they put on a great show. My weekend was pretty full of activities so I really didn't get any CFA stuff done or continue with the job hunt.

I did get some good news on Friday that I'm pretty excited about. The one job at the hedge fund (finance and operations) called me back and asked if I wanted to come in for a second interview. I immediately said yes and set up an interview for next Wednesday. I'm not sure why they are waiting an extra week to begin the second round, but hopefully they don't invite too many people back for second interviews. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The market had a nice day and my portfolio rebounded to almost +9% for the year. I wasn't really paying attention to my stocks, but I was keeping my eye on Boston Scientific (BSX) as it finished the day up over 6%. It has been trending down for awhile, so maybe this is a sign that some of the judicial news is cleared up and the stock can gain some footing.

That's it for right now.

No comments: